Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Curvy Girl's Journey.....to learning to eat right

Sorry I haven't posted in sooo long! The flu bug made it's way around my family and then once I got out of the habit of posting, it was difficult to start again.  Kind of like exercise and eating right! lol

I have been struggling with portion controls lately.  I like to cook and eat healthy foods, but the problem is that I think I can eat more because.....well it's healthy, right!?! I can bake sugar, gluten, and dairy free cookies and think they are absolutely yummy.  But I compromise with myself that I can have more than normal because they don't have sugar in them.  But really, the calories still add up!!!

So what should I do?? I've found the solution!!
I need to relearn how to eat and what portions are right for my body!
Harder than it sounds.  I found a new workout program that I know will help me with this new goal.  It's called the 21 Day Fix and focuses on nutrition as well as exercise.  Because we all know that you can workout for hours but if you aren't eating right, then your body isn't going to change.
21 Day Fix is a 21 day program that features 30 minute workouts.  The part I like about this program, is that it also comes with color coded food containers. 
These containers will help me learn how much I should eat.  Based on your height, weight, age, etc, you will be allowed a certain number of each container.  For example, the green container is for vegetables and you may be allowed 4 containers a day.  The food plan will then list which foods fall into this container category.  If it doesn't fit in the container, save it for tomorrow! Its that simple! *I've also heard that the food plan allows chocolate and wine :)

I am determined to make this work for me! If you have problems with portion control or want to see a change in your body in a short amount of time (but still the healthy way!), then join me in completing the 21 Day Fix! I am starting the beginning of April and would love to have others going through the same program to help me stay on track and motivate each other.  I will offer a private challenge group on Facebook where we can gather and discuss what our successes and failures are together.  It will be a small group of 10 people or less so we can stay connected (this also means that spots are filling up fast)! 

So let's get ready for summer by jump starting our metabolisms and learning correct portion sizes! You can join me in a few ways.  Click on the 21 Day Fix banner on the right of this blog to purchase your program. Or if you have questions, or would like to talk to me a little more about the program, send me a message and friend request on Facebook

Here is one lady's amazing results from this program.  I can't wait to see our results after 21 days!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment