Thursday, February 27, 2014

Curvy Girl's Journey....to butternut squash enchiladas

I found a recipe for Butternut Squash Enchiladas on skinnytaste.com and thought I would try it out.  I LOVE mexican food and have a habit of overdoing it or ordering the wrong things when I go out to a mexican restaurant.  So I try to satisfy my cravings by making a lighter version of my favorite dishes at home!

This recipe was a success and I will definitely make it again! I changed up the recipe I originally found on skinnytaste.com to cut down on cooking time and according to what I had in my pantry.  If you want to try out a different version from mine or are looking for other healthy recipes, I recommend skinnytaste.com!

Butternut Squash Enchiladas
Servings: 6
Calories per serving: about 185

Ingredients:
Bag of frozen, cubed butternut squash
Can of low sodium black beans
Can  of rotel
Can of enchilada sauce
Reduced fat shredded chesse
Low carb tortillas (6)
Half packet of taco seasoning

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Pour about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.  In skillet, combine frozen squash, black beans, rotel, and taco seasoning.  Cook until squash is tender. 

 Spoon mixture into 6 tortillas and lay seam down into baking dish.  Add remainder of enchilada sauce on top of tortillas and add 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until tortillas are warm and cheese is melted.  Enjoy!!
I really enjoyed this dish and had one with a side salad to make a complete meal.  I did make mine a little too spicy (bought the wrong rotel!) and will tone it down a little next time, but it was still yummy!! Hope you enjoy as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment