Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Curvy girls journey.....to spiralizing

I have seen posts about people using zucchini and carrots in place of pasta and was curious! 
It turns out they used something called a spiralizer. This kitchen gadget will turn your zucchini into perfectly shaped noodles so you can enjoy a plate of "spaghetti" without the carbs! 
After a little research, I bought this one from Amazon. 
http://www.amazon.com/Brieftons-Spiral-Slicer-Stainless-Spiralizer/dp/B00CBVCVLM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396377213&sr=8-3&keywords=Vegetable+spiralizer
This one was smaller than most I had seen and the price appealed to me since I wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Well, I tried it and.....love it!! The zucchini was sliced into thin spaghetti strands with little effort and I had a delicious, healthy meal ready in no time at all! 
Here is my zoodles (zucchini noodles) with mushrooms and sauce that I enjoyed for dinner: 
I am excited to try out some more recipes with my new found toy and will post their results! So if you are looking on a creative way to eat healthy or cut down on carbs, get to spiralizing!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment