Monday, August 11, 2014

Curvy Girl's Journey.....to baked oats and berries

Along my health journey, I've learned that prepping food and having something quick to eat is key to staying on track. 

I love preparing quick breakfasts because mornings are always the craziest time in my house.  I'm going to share a recipe I've tried before and LOVE!

Not only is it easy to make on the weekends, it tastes great reheated during the week.  My 4-year-old daughter loves to help make it and I try to involve her in the kitchen whenever possible.  After all, showing our families how to eat healthy is almost as important as eating healthy ourselves :)



Baked Oats and Berries
Makes 1 pint jar

1/2 banana
1/2 cup berries
1/4 cup uncooked oats
2 teaspoon peanut butter
honey to taste

Preheat oven 375 degrees.  In bowl, mash banana with honey and peanut butter.  Add oats and stir together.  Drop berries in bottom of jar and spoon banana mixture on top.  Place uncovered jar in center of rimmed baking sheet.  Bake for 20-30 minutes. 

If you are on the 21 Day Fix program, 1 pint jar of Baked Oats and Berries counts as:
1.5 purple
1 yellow
2 teaspoons

Hope you enjoy this yummy and quick breakfast! And remember to prep on a free day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment