Monday, February 3, 2014

Curvy Girl's Journey......to PB and J

Every once in a while I have cravings for kid, comfort food.  Especially on cold and snowy days when I'm stuck inside and can't go anywhere.  Am I the only crazy one or are some of you the same way?
I wanted peanut butter and jelly but without all the calories, so I found this recipe on skinnytaste.com (I love this website!). 

Peanut butter and Jelly Healthy cookies
Serving size: 2 cookies
Makes about 16 cookies
Calories per serving: 91

Ingredients:
 1 cup quick oats
2 overly ripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp peanut butter
 jelly

Directions:
Mash bananas, add oats and peanut butter, mix well.  Spoon out into greased cookie sheet (these stuck so I had to use more spray olive oil the second batch). Use tablespoon to dip out and indent with back of spoon.  Bake for  15 minutes at 350 degrees. 
After removing from oven, add 1/4 tsp of jelly to each cookie.  

 These satisfied my craving for peanut butter and jelly! They were pretty good but don't expect them to taste like a cookie.  Also they weren't very appealing looking so I don't recommend serving these at a party or when entertaining.  Overall, I will make them again mainly because they were super simple and satisfied a craving!
My daughter liked them too!


No comments:

Post a Comment