Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Curvy Girls Journey to....46 days until summer!



Thanks for coming back for more tips as our countdown to summer continues!
Did you set your goal yesterday?  I would love to hear what it is! Share by commenting below!

46 Days Until Summer Tip:
Figure out how many calories you should be eating!

I know that it can get confusing trying to figure out this magical number and every website or calorie calculator gives you a different answer.  But you don't have to be exact! Here is a quick method to getting an approximate number for your calorie intake:

Sedentary: You work in an office or at home and sit for most of the day. Current weight in pounds x 12 = Calories needed to maintain weight.

Moderately Active: You walk or are on your feet for most of the day (i.e server in a restaurant) or are doing one of our entry level programs. Current weight in pounds x 13 = Calories needed to maintain weight.

Highly Active You spend most of your day doing labor intensive work or lifting heavy objects or are doing one of our high intensity programs. Current weight in pounds x 14 = Calories needed to maintain weight.

If you want to lose weight, subtract 500 calories from that number. But, don't go below 1200 calories.  If you are trying to gain weight, add 300 calories.

I know that counting calories isn't fun and can be time consuming, but it is necessary to make us aware of what we are consuming.  When I first started counting calories, I easily understood why I was so overweight....I was eating WAY too much!!

Now, I use a Free app called MyFitnessPal to help keep track of my calories.  View previous blog posting for more information about this app. 

So start counting your calories today and lets get to our summer goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment