Monday, December 23, 2013

Curvy Girl's Journey....with a sweet tooth

I have a major problem with eating healthy that I had to overcome...a sweet tooth! And I wasn't one of those people who would just eat a small, fun sized candy bar.  I've discovered that over time this sweet tooth has been greatly subsided, but I've also learned how to control myself when the craving hits.  One of the best ways is to substitute the candy with fruit. I know, I know, what kind of substitution is an apple for a Snickers bar. But if you want to see results, you have to make the sacrifice!

I found this picture on Pinterest and loved it!
You simply core a medium sized apple (any kind), slice it into 4-5 thick slices.  Spread some peanut butter on the apple slice and top it with chocolate chips and/or nuts!
I just had a slice of this today and my sweet tooth was completely satisfied.  I recommend eating only a slice or two and go easy on the nuts and chocolate chips. After all this is supposed to be a better option!

No comments:

Post a Comment