Thursday, January 30, 2014

Curvy Girl's Journey.....to a proud daughter

I know, I know....I promised meal prepping but I just had to share this photo too!! :)
My mom and I both started our journey to get healthy at the same time, which was about 10 months ago.  I am so proud of the progress she has made that I just had to share!!

Isn't this amazing?!? I am so proud and happy for her!!  Ten months ago she considered getting gastric bypass surgery, I immediately intervened and talked her out of it.  I did not want her going through risky, life threatening surgery when I knew she was strong enough to do it herself! And she feels more accomplished now than ever. 
So, the question you are all asking...How did she do it? She did it by working hard and committing to changing her lifestyle.  She counted calories (using myfitnesspal), controlled her portion sizes, and completed the workout program Slim in 6.  She is now working out everyday by going to the gym and at home with Insanity. 
This is my mom and I couldn't be prouder of the work she has done! I am encouraged by her everyday and I hope one of you can be motivated by her too!

No comments:

Post a Comment