Sunday, January 19, 2014

Curvy Girl's Journey.....to a quick and yummy lunch

I am really focusing on my nutrition this week.  I have finally got into the habit of working out so I knew my nutrition needed work when I wasn't seeing any changes.  I went back to worked so well in the beginning....counting calories with the app 'myfitnesspal' (a free app too!).  I know, counting calories isn't very fun and requires a small amount of obsession, but it really makes a difference.  I am more aware of what to or not to put into my mouth when I have to write it down.
The great thing about the app is that it keeps track of everything for you.  I just type in the food i ate and the app tells me how many calories I have left for the day.  I highly recommend it!!

So this week when I needed a quick and low calorie lunch. I threw this together.  It may not look very appetizing but it really was and it filled me up.  Which is sometimes difficult with a meal under 300 calories. 
Low Cal Chicken Bowl
Serving size: 1
Calories: 243
Ingredients: 1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 oz. precooked grilled Italian seasoned chicken

Directions: Add all ingredients to a preheated skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil (i use a mister so less oil is used).  Stir occasionally and cook until the zucchini is thoroughly cooked. 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment